Monday, January 31, 2011

a *hot* date clutch...and a "fussy cut"

Got a hot date for Valentines' Day?  Have I got the perfect clutch for you...this is ah-dorable.  I followed the free tutorial from Elizabeth at Oh Fransson! that was featured on the SewMamaSew blog.  You can also find the step-by-step on their sewing tutorial page (among other cute projects with easy to follow directions).


How hot is this bag? 


Interior pocket and magnetic closure


It's the perfect size for your phone, credit card, lip gloss, etc.  This was also my first project that allowed me to "fussy cut".  Yep, had to google that term the first time I stumbled upon it.  It means to cut your fabric so you can highlight the part you want to show (i.e. be on the front of the bag). 

I chose the yellow bloom (I wanted the black one you see on the inside of the flap, but it wasn't as visually interesting).  And I'm trying REALLY hard to not pick black and gray for everything...(did I mention how much I LOVE gray and black?).



             The Girl Creative











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...