Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Pink Penguin Tribute

When I began my return to sewing and creating, I scoured the web for picture-filled, designed-for-beginners tutorials to lead me step-by-step through the process.  I landed on Pink Penguin and her patchwork mini fabric basket tutorial

The pink and orange basket below was my first completed sewing project (since junior high home ec!). 

I have since made six of these (3 of which made perfect teacher gifts filled with chocolate, a starbucks gift card, and a sweet note -- but I forgot to take a picture before I gifted them - argh!).   
Pink Penguin fabric basket - my first!

Many thanks to Ayumi at Pink Penguin!!    She has several great tutorials...so go check them out (I'll be sharing more of mine soon)!! 


Pink Penguin fabric basket - this is my favorite.  The bottom is gray corduroy.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...