Sunday, January 16, 2011

Imbibe-On-the-Go Bag

The inspiration for this came from a white elephant gift exchange where my theme was 'booze'.  Simple enough...lots of less-than-$10 bottles of wine and alcohol, right?  So I headed to a local liquor store to see what I could come up with.  A friend suggested a bottle of mixer with some shooters, so it was.  But I needed something more, something that would pull this gift together...and so the idea for the Imbibe-On-the-Go bag was born.  That night, I designed and sewed it out of the only gender-neutral fabric I had in my small stash (b/c I didn't know who would end up with it).  

This bag has room for a bottle of mix and four shooters!



Packed and ready to go.
 Okay, so I spent more than $10.  But it's worth it, because I love thoughtful gifting!

Just the bag.  


I sewed the pockets before adding the lining for a clean-looking interior. 


You'd never know from looking at it, but I totally sewed the lining on wrong so it wouldn't turn itself right side out.  It was already 11:30pm and the white elephant was the next day at work!  Argh!  Hello, seam ripper.  Procrastination will be the death of me!


Oh, and the 22-year-old recent college grad ended up with the Imbibe-on-the-Go bag (he stole it, so I feel good that it ended up in a loving home) :)



(by the way, just have to say it, this bag is not intended to be used while driving.  Do not drink and drive.)



Party button
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...