Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Goldfish Valentine [a re-post] with a Printable Template!!!!

Re-post! 
I have received so many questions about this little valentine, I thought I'd post it again for 2013.  Edited to add the files I created so you don't have to make your own!
(see below for templates)  

I purchased a pack of 100 of these bags at Michael's Craft Store for $3.99 (use the 40% off coupon!). 



originally posted on February 13, 2012
Happy Valentine's Day! 
xoxo


I saw this valentine on, you guessed it, Pinterest.  (Click here to see what else I'm pinning).  The file is available in her Etsy shop, so you can simply print it. 

The concept of this valentine was perfect for us b/c it's unisex so it worked for both my son and my daughter!

For the over-achievers out there [insert fist pound here], you can make your own simple (translation: looks like a 3 year old drew it) version in Photoshop or Picnik (or another free photo editing site) and add your child's name.  Just don't fall in love with the ease of use of Picnik.  It's closing on April 19th. Boo.  


Use your printer settings to print 4 per page.  I stapled several sheets together (outside of my cutting area, of course)  so the sheets would stay straight while I cut them out.
Other variations include:
"Our 'school' is cool because of YOU!"
"You make our 'school' cool."


The bags (bought a pack of 100 for $2.99 minus 40%) stuffed with the card stock inserts.  Doesn't this pic look a little trippy?
The kids chose Goldfish crackers instead of Swedish Fish (which I was a *bit* disappointed by, btw). 


We made about 50 valentines and used about 2/3 of the giant milk carton-shaped Goldfish package.
Print.  Trim.  Fill.  Give.  Eat.  

[edited to add files for you!]
I am not a programmer, but if you have problems with the downloading the files, email me and I'll try to help!  

The first two files are PDFs and are not editable. #3 and #4 are Word documents that you can download and add your kids' names before printing*.
    

1. Download PDF & Print



2. Download PDF & Print.




3. Download Word Document. Click on the text boxes to personalize with names. Print.





4. Download Word Document. Click on the text boxes to personalize with names. Print.


 

*For personal use only. Please do not edit these files beyond the text boxes I've provided. Do not post these files anywhere, rather share them by linking back here!
Have fun!  

It doesn't get any easier than that, right?  
(well, maybe it would be easier to buy a huge bag of boxed nerds and just hand those out...but they aren't nearly as cute!)  
(don't worry, we bought said bag of boxed nerds...they are slowly disappearing into my belly) 
(just doin' my share to keep Wonka in business)


Pin It

25 comments:

  1. Ok, maybe i am an idiot but where is the link to print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the hyperlink that says download Word Document (Choice 3) that should download and bring you to Microsoft Word for editing.

      Delete
  2. All i see is blank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay ladies, try it again. You should now be able to click on the word "Download" at the start of each numbered document. Let me know if it isn't working for you.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It is blank when I click download. I am trying to download the "I'm glad we're in the same school" file. Can you please email it to me? armano10@aol.com

      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Hi! It is blank when I click download. I am trying to download the "I'm glad we're in the same school" file. Can you please email it to me? armano10@aol.com

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. You rock!!!! Thank you so much for providing this template. I tried to make my own but wasn't have much luck. You saved this busy wife, mom, student and employee some much needed time. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't get them to pull up in Word so that I can add the names? Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can pull them up in word but I can't edit the name. Suggestions?

    Also, these are exactly what I was looking for so thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have this recent of a version of Word. Any chance it could be saved as an older version? I can't see how to edit the name otherwise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I am a Photoshop newbie and was a little daunted at the thought of trying to replicate this. I must have come back to this post a dozen times in the last week or so. Seriously, you rock! Thanks soooo much. My son is going to LOVE these. He's a pretty big fan of Goldfish crackers. Oh and btw I was not able to edit the name until I clicked on the 'Enable Editing' button at the top of the Word document. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! It turned out so cute. I love the idea of a non-candy Valentine treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Now, what is the trick for getting these baggies open?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! I am featuring them tomorrow on my Valentine's Day roundup. Thanks for sharing on Made in a Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! I bought enough of the single-serve carton boxes for my daughter's class; they don't allow candy or sweets (only healthy snacks/treats). Yes, I could have done it the same way, but I wouldn't let my daughter eat something pre-opened so I am sure that other's wouldn't too. (plus some of the mom's go WAY out each holiday and this is the first one I have done!) Thanks for the printable too! I was definitely not looking forward to drawing out a fishbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Made ours yesterday and went just now to load them into the bag for school tomorrow and the paper-fish bowl has absorbed the grease from the goldfish. Just a warning you might want to prep before but assemble them the day you hand them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project! Thanks so much for the great, free(!), print out. Our daughter made these (w/ Swedish fish candy) for Valentine's day and she was so excited and proud to share them with her classmates. Thanks again! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jamie, you won my Sew Mama Sew giveaway, I've tried emailing you but it bounced back. Could you email me at fairyfacedesigns (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll organise your prize :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could someone email me the editable Word document version? I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get it to open for me. my email is Courtneymbanks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Valentine... But I can't open your template... can you email it to me. I have WORD. Thank you! You are talented. Brenni@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to read your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...