Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day One. The Dig.

The beginning. It was a Thursday. A dream, nine years in the making, was beginning.  


This is Bob. It is his job to excavate home sites. He does this every day. No big whoop, to him.  But to us, this was his most important day of work. Because it is ours!


After school, Maeve and I went to check out the progress. We popped a squat on the neighbor's lawn and watched. Here's her reaction to the hole.



Lots of progress since morning! Bob was able to get half of the basement dug before he ran out of daylight.  



By the end of the following day, Bob was almost done! In this photo, below, he is packing the dirt by going back and forth, over and over and over. I brought Bob his first-ever cup of Starbucks coffee! I don't know about you, but to me, Starbucks is the ultimate way to say, Thank You!  ;)



In my next post...pouring the footers and setting the forms for the basement walls. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...