Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello, Christmas Jammies!

Last year, I sewed up some flannel jammie pants for my kids and the cousins on the hubby's side of the family. It was a bit of an after-thought I am a horrible procrastinator, so I was rushing at the last minute to get them all done.  I think I made them all a bit long (eek.)
The cousins in front of the tree at Grandma's house.  Which kids are mine?  Can you tell?

I am planning to do the same this year, but went with cotton instead of flannel.  When I pre-washed the flannel, it pilled up quite a bit and didn't look that great (it was cheap-y flannel).  Hopefully I'll get better results with the cotton...stay tuned, I'll let you know.  And maybe a tutorial?  

A tip:  if you're making these for younger kids, buy some cord locks for the drawstrings, if they cannot tie the strings themselves.

A cord lock.  I bought mine at Jo-Ann's (with a coupon, of course).
I think I'll do elastic with the cotton pants.  Thoughts or tips on that?   

Had to share a funny holiday pic (it's almost that time of year, right?).  This is my husband and my father-in-law, Randall.  The elf and Santa shirts are from Target last year.  This was not planned.  We arrived at their house and this is what Randall was wearing!  Like father, like son?!

This is Randall's debut on my blog.  I could not ask for a better father-in-law.

Todays Creative Blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...