Sunday, September 18, 2011

Long live the Horsemen!

I am jealous of my husband and his college buddies.  They manage to take a trip together *every* year since we graduated.  




My girlfriends and I can barely scrape together a trip to save our lives. Pathetic.  (But I love and miss all of you to pieces.)


That's right, girls (Jenni, Me, Amber, Melissa)...see that date in the lower right?  2005!  Seriously?  Come on!  Oh, and excuse our 'dewiness'...it was June and no air conditioning there!


This year, the guys are meeting in the great state of Texas.  Dallas, to be exact.  One friend lives there and his wife is expecting twins (miss you MCB!) and he didn't want to be too far from home, so they are takin' the party to him.  Don't worry, his wife and their son are visiting her parents for the while.  


Circa spring 2000.  I claim the one in the lower right corner.  The gashes on his leg?  Previous night he was run over by a golf cart...don't ask.


The guys (who were nicknamed the Horsemen back in college (why?  I have no idea)) will be sporting these shirts made especially for them.  





They were super simple to design on the Silhouette software.  I chose a 'western-y' font called Coffee Tin from 1,001 free fonts


Remember:  Always mirror-image your design when using heat transfer vinyl.  Learned it the hard (wasteful) way.  Boo.



I use Siser Easy Weed heat transfer vinyl.  It is easy to work with and I've had great results.
  
Tip:  Use a seam ripper to weed your design (i.e. remove the vinyl you don't want).




I'd heard it was great for layering, so I gave it a try.  The symbol is called the Honor G. It's the athletic symbol for the college we all went to.
  




As legend has it, several became Horsemen, but there were just five original Horsemen.  And this year's trip turned out to be just those five.  So I thought it was fitting to add, "The Original Five".









By the way, they do have plans to visit the biggest honky tonk bar while they are there.  I can't wait to hear how that went.  


Horsemen, hope y'all love the shirts!  
Linkin' up here and at the others on my Linky Party Page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...