Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Take a Bow!

Even though my little girl does not like bows (gasp!), I put these together for a bit of fun.  She humored me and let me take her picture with one of the bows while asking, "are you done?  is that the last picture?  are you done now?".  I am hoping she'll want to wear the cupcake one to her cupcake-themed birthday party next month...it was her theme idea, after all.  We'll see...

Anywho, I made these from instructions I found through a quick google search, so you can do it, too!  I was able to make the main bow without the tail being on top so it's not visible (does that make sense?), so if you're interested in that, let me know and maybe that'll be my first-ever tutorial!!!!!!!!




These two are less 'fussy' and I had my daughter in mind when I designed these.  She's only turning 5 next month, but as she informed me the other day, "I don't like princesses anymore.  I like Barbie.", she must be mature for her age.  I love the colors and designs of the ribbon in these.  I used a bit of ribbon to cover a button for the center of the polka-dot one, then I added a decorative brad for a bit more flavor.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...